Saturday 19 February 2011

Winning Lyme/co-infection lawsuits in court

Here is a report of a lawsuit from 1999 from one of the Lyme forums.   In South Africa the Department of Health still tell me that a person cannot get Lyme disease in South Africa...  I did !!  and I wonder how many more people have been bitten by a tick in this beautiful country and are walking aorund with a mis-diagnosis as a result of this attitude.  The Department will not even engage with with to consider the possibility / consequences.

I 'knew' in 1996 that I had Lyme disease as a result of personal research on the intenet.  I told my GP this and he said IMPOSSIBLE - Lyme is ONLY in the US... !!  I recall saying to him well maybe it goes by another name here - to which I got a blank stare.  No blood tests were ever done and I started the downward spiral to ill health from then until February 2010 when I was diagnosed with Ricketsia, Mycoplasma, Q Fever and Lyme disease (Borrelia burgdorferi).

I wonder if I could lay claim to sonthing like this?  Not likely!! since the mighty Department of Heath in South Africa deny the existence of Lyme on our land... !!