Thursday 9 December 2010

My Lyme Disease is not the IDSA Lyme Disease

This article was posted by Ashley van Tol in response to an earlier article in the Chicago Tribune.

I became ill myself in 1985 after my first dose of Tick bite fever.  The 7 day anti-biotic treatment was not enough to stave off damage to my system by the bacteria.  Nor was the second lot of meds in 1994 !!  I continued to get ill, but the doctors could not tell me what was wrong.

Ashley's report could well have been written by me.  It took me 25 years to get a diagnosis of Lyme disease and it's co-infections... My Lyme doctor has told me to expect at least 2 to 3 years before I feel better.  Two to three years where I have no income because I am unable to work and because I do not qualify for disability as the Old Mutual insurance companies said, I should be better in 3 months.  They know SQUATT !!  I have even paid for a life policy with disability cover for over 16 years...  They are happy to take your money, but when it comes to a claim, it seems they turn their head away... !!